Wednesday, July 31, 2013

All-Natural DIY Cleaning Products

I hate cleaning.  There, I said it.  I don't get the gratification some few people get by scrubbing tubs and pots.  But I think we can all agree we love a clean house.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap All-Purpose Cleaner

 We had some friends staying with us and they left this Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in our shower, and I set it aside thinking it was shampoo or something.  While researching DIY cleaning product recipes, I found this really simple all-purpose cleaner using this exact soap.  After looking up all this soap can do, I got really excited and will have to buy some other kinds with different essential oils to try too.  For now, I cleaned every surface in my house with the spray I made and washed the floors.  It smells so fresh and it's nice knowing that I'm not using any chemicals.
It really works:  clean your tub with a grapefruit and kosher salt.  I think cleaning the tub one of my all-time hated chores... crouching down to scrub, scrub, scrub with some nasty potent smelling stuff trying to fight the soap scum... and then there's what to do with my disgusting brush/sponge when I'm done.  This is awesome!  I only cut about 1/4 of it on each side so I still had a good middle chunk to eat :)  One end for each tub was enough too.  Sprinkle some salt and go to town- it smelled heavenly and worked like a charm!  Best part was just tossing the fruit in the trash- easiest clean up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment