Dark Chocolate Bar- satisfies chocolate/sweet/rich/fat
cravings with antioxidants, healthy metabolism boosting fat, and low in natural
sugar.
Could it really be? Delectable,
mouthwatering rich dark chocolate that will benefit your health? Yes, you are encouraged to eat your chocolate
every day for rich nutrients and potential weight loss! I love coconut oil for many reasons. After doing lot’s of research, it definitely
seemed worthwhile to try. It’s great to
cook with in place of butter or canola oil, and it turns out to have many
health benefits in consuming a few tablespoons every day. One delicious way to help you do that is this
super easy recipe. You can vary it up with
different flavors and experiment to find your desired consistency, but this is
what I do, and it’s high-end candy shoppe quality every time!
Cost: $0.75 per
serving
Prep/”bake” time: 5
min
Directions: Whisk
together about 3.5 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably organic) with 3
Tbsp of organic unrefined coconut oil.
It will be a thick paste. Add
your preferred natural sweetener up to 3 Tbsp.
I use about ½ Tbsp of pure maple syrup, plus ½ Tbsp of raw honey, but I
don’t mind it pretty bitter so you may need to add more if you like it
sweeter. The reason I add a tad more
cocoa than oil is because it gets harder and less oily that way but it is
smoother like a truffle if you use equal parts, which is yummy, just messier. Next you can add any natural flavorings you’d
like. I usually add pure vanilla, almond
extract, and cinnamon, but I assure you it will even be delicious without
anything else. Other ideas are a little cayenne
for some heat or peppermint extract.
Note: you will taste some
lingering coconut flavor but it won’t be over-powering. Taste as you mix and when you’re ready,
spread it on some parchment paper and put it in the fridge until hardened
enough you can break it apart. Keep it
stored in the fridge because it will melt just above room temperature… Enjoy and thank God for making something so delicious so healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment